Sunday, 15 May 2011

A sense of liberty (???)

Suddenly i am on my own at home, if you discount all the house help who  are regularly in & out .
And guess what? I am loving this isolation! Frightening thought really, but is it that i prefer my own company?
I don't know & neither do i want to dwell on this line of thought.

What i do know is the fact that i have only myself to be accountable to......aah bliss.
I wake up on time certainly, ( i have set that for myself ) but everything else thereon is as i please.                     I eat only when my stomach reminds me & not because it's that time of the day when one has to eat.

Food is not uppermost in my thoughts and thank God i don't have to plan what has to be cooked.
It's such a liberating experience, short lived i know, but oh wow.

When i was planning for this time by myself, i had so much things to do i thought. I had planned on
bringing some order to my room by way of all the paper work that needed tackling. I thought i'd
 rearrange the rooms to my preferences (if you please!),but all that and many more such "plans" have
happily flown out of my window! No regrets !!

I spent half a day playing 'magic words' on Mindjolt & certainly my vocabulary hasn't got any better,
but it was a liberating feeling all the same. I didn't have to look out for anyone, neither was i answerable
for my actions, therefore this happiness.

Today i threw out some furniture that cluttered the room but i know they'll come back again !!! Still it was
nice while i was at it. And when they make their way back into the room i'll have no regrets. At least i would
have had the satisfaction of seeing the room less cluttered even if it was just for a couple of days !

I have kept the 'phones far away, just so i need not answer them. I'll make my calls (if at all) in my own time
and when it pleases me.

I know all these little pleasures are short-lived, maybe that is why i am treasuring it !


1 comment:

  1. Go for it, friend! Be a free spirit. I'm so happy to read this post. It is straight from the heart. Congratulations. By the way, Gardenia = your idler friend whose name begins with G

    ReplyDelete